Get your tastebuds ready for one of the most delicious desserts I've ever tried!
A light and airy sponge cake, flavorful vanilla pastry cream, homemade buttercream frosting and small batch sugared and toasted almonds all add up to this award winning dessert.
Prantl's is a Pittsburgh institution - and The Burnt Almond Torte is it's most legendary dessert.
The Huffington Post calls this the Best Cake in America and says, "To say that the burnt almond torte is light and airy doesn't even begin to describe the texture of this cake. It is beyond that. This cake is so airy it tastes like the idea of a cake, one that can only be tasted in the best of dreams."
- Conceived by Henry Prantl in 1970
- Layers of Prantl's special creamy vanilla buttercream combined with light delicious sweet cake and finished with toasted almonds!
- One of Jill's favorite desserts - EVER!
(9) 2 X 2 Almond Torte Bars
- Made to order & promptly frozen to maintain freshness
- Ships in Styrofoam cooler with dry ice
- It's normal for them to thaw either partially or fully during transit (this will not affect the quality of the cake)
- Refrigerate or freeze upon receipt
- Will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 7 days (in freezer up to 6 months)
- Detailed storage instructions are included in each box
Shipping & handling included
Products shipped on Monday and Tuesday.
This doesn't ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico
Just received my 3rd order of Prantl's from Jill's shop. Prantl's almond torte bars are truly the best dessert. Highly recommend. Try them. I know you will be delighted as well.
Had my first piece of Prantl's toasted almond cake a few months ago and decided it was the best cake I have ever had. Fast forward to finding it at Just Jill Shop and I have not changed my mind! The cake bites are perfect sized pieces for individual servings. The white cake slices are fresh, moist, and packaged so well. Each piece is loaded with toasted almonds. Try these cake bites, you won't be disappointed. These are not your run of the mill cake slices. These are deliciously unique. Thanks Just Jill for offering these.
In the late 70s, I lived a block from Prantls Bakery in Shadyside Pa. I was so looking forward to the almond torte but was disappointed. Not the same taste, texture and balance of flavors.
I ordered these for my mothers birthday and they did not disappoint. The cake is moist and the frosting/ almond topping is delish! They would be perfect for any sort of shower or holiday!!
This torte is incredible! Have had these for dessert for Christmas Eve dinner and for Valentine treats. Will have them for Easter too! Problem is - I could eat all 9 by myself.