Get your tastebuds ready for one of the most delicious desserts I've ever tried!
A light and airy sponge cake, flavorful vanilla pastry cream, homemade buttercream frosting and small batch sugared and toasted almonds all add up to this award winning dessert.
Prantl's is a Pittsburgh institution - and The Burnt Almond Torte is it's most legendary dessert.
The Huffington Post calls this the Best Cake in America and says, "To say that the burnt almond torte is light and airy doesn't even begin to describe the texture of this cake. It is beyond that. This cake is so airy it tastes like the idea of a cake, one that can only be tasted in the best of dreams."
- Conceived by Henry Prantl in 1970
- Layers of Prantl's special creamy vanilla buttercream combined with light delicious sweet cake and finished with toasted almonds!
- One of Jill's favorite desserts - EVER!
(9) 2 X 2 Almond Torte Bars
- Made to order & promptly frozen to maintain freshness
- Ships in Styrofoam cooler with dry ice
- It's normal for them to thaw either partially or fully during transit (this will not affect the quality of the cake)
- Refrigerate or freeze upon receipt
- Will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 7 days (in freezer up to 6 months)
- Detailed storage instructions are included in each box
Shipping & handling included
Products shipped on Monday and Tuesday.
This doesn't ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico
This torte is incredible! Have had these for dessert for Christmas Eve dinner and for Valentine treats. Will have them for Easter too! Problem is - I could eat all 9 by myself.
I bought this last year, and like this year's version with the individual pieces frosted all around the edges even better! I keep it frozen, and just take out one of the pieces and let it thaw. I have tried the original and the assorted, and prefer the original. It is truly a special treat!
It was so delicious!! Really on a strict budget but it looked so good! I love the individual serving size since I live alone.